Tuesday, August 30, 2011

Retreat Planning

This week, Linh, Alex, Amanda, and I had a great Skype session! We discussed the retreat, what plans or ideas we had to make it better than ever and ideas for the Lead Team and Freshmen Orientation. I recently found a theme titled "Agents of Change" that has a 'secret service' component. I had the idea to do a "Secret Mission" at the Retreat and maybe play assassins as a Bonner group. We also came up with a skeleton of the Retreat agenda. I'm always excited to go on the Retreat and sometimes it feels like I'm the only one. I know that's not true but I like to see other people excited about it as well. We took a lot of time considering activities to do that would make the rest of Bonner excited and maybe engage students who aren't usually represented during retreats.
We also talked about the Orientations and what kinds of things I would want to see during them. It sounds weird but Bonner is like a child to me, I want to see it grow and be successful and I am totally invested in it. I think that there are a lot of things that we as students have the power to change, the power to see happen and I want to harness that potential.
I also threw around the idea of a possible Service in Sports lecture during the year... we'll see how that pans out.

No comments:

Post a Comment