Tuesday, August 30, 2011

New life lesson

"Everything in the world starts small and then becomes bigger- except bad things. They start big and then become smaller." - Outcasts United, by Warren St. John

So, I started reading this book in February and I fell in love with it. I reread it starting in June because my plan is to host a book feast with it. I spent some time brainstorming with Amanda and we decided to get Provost Paul involved in it as well. After finishing the book, I was so taken by the quote mentioned above because it is so relevant to our hectic lives as Bonners. I tend to dwell on the negative things that happen, stress over them, lose sleep, all of the bad things that happen when your thoughts are consumed with a negative idea. So this is now on my board in my room; it reminds me every time I come in that I just need to breathe, deal with it when and how I can but not to stress with it everyday.
I looked online and found some discussion questions and topics to bring up for the book feast. I spent a lot of time trying to compile a "plan of action". The date will hopefully be set for mid-October, that is still being ironed out, and the set up of the feast will be in small groups. While most of this still needs to be ironed out, I used summer as a tool to plan, come up with new ideas, and test out some possible solutions.

I'll keep you posted on date and times for the Book feast, I'm sure you'd all love to come :)

No comments:

Post a Comment