Monday, July 28, 2014



Last week I continued my never ending quest of contacting possible volunteers and organizations in the Daytona Beach area for the August 7th IDignity Volusia event.  I also helped to obtain basic supplies necessary for each station that will be at the event, like the DMV and Legal teams.  I was extremely excited Friday morning, as I was able to attend one of the main planning meetings.  I met one of individuals who helped organize the original IDignity event that took place in Orlando in 2008!  The meeting was full of representatives from different non-profits.  It was really cool to see so many people working together to make this event happen.  I am looking forward to seeing the leadership team again Tuesday night for more planning.  

Mike the head of Community Outreach at the VFCCH has been able to secure a number of bus passes to help the clients who live in the areas surrounding Daytona Beach reach the event.  Local non-profits will disperse these bus passes to clients later this week.

I am really excited the event is coming soon, a lot of people have been waiting for it. Many  of people in the Daytona Beach area were not able to come to the last IDignity events in DeLand or Orlando because of transportation.  This will be the first time they will be able to benefit from its services.

No comments:

Post a Comment