Thursday, August 5, 2010

SOS Week 7

Hello!
So again I apologize for my tardiness (I am so bad at remebering to blog).
For my 7th week of SOS I had to opportunity to work in the Public Services Department. On the whole this department incumpasses city water, waste water, storm water and landscaping; however, they are very much wanting to move into public service that goes over and beyond these nessecities. Such as community deveolpment and betterment through outreach!
During my week here I worked very closely with the City Forester and the City Nursery staff. (If anyone is wanting to start a community garden please let me know because I have contact information for you!) I also got the chance to do a little grant writing and then lots and lots of organizing and filing, its not the most exciting work but it needs to be done :)

No comments:

Post a Comment