Saturday, August 14, 2010

HoundHaven week 7 & 8

~~ Well these past two weeks have definitely been fun. The first week in August I only worked 3 days because I had to go to a wedding in Jacksonville on Wednesday afternoon until Sunday afternoon. The wedding was fun but I would of been happier to spend the whole week with the dogs. I am very happy though because in the past two weeks we had a lot of dogs get adopted. Some of my favorite dogs have gone home which has made me very happy. It is nice to see that even with the economy as it is now there are still some people that will adopt a dog that really needs a home. I wish that the rest of the dogs would get adopted as well. We were able to get 3 new dogs this week as well. They are absolutely adorable too. I wish that I could have more time with them and get to know them and love them. I know that I am definitely going to come back to HoundHaven as much as possible during the holidays. I really felt like family to not only the dogs but the other volunteers as well. On Thursday one of the volunteers made a Thank You/ Farewell gift. It was a picture frame with some of the dog paw prints on it and the names of all the dogs that have been there since I got there. In the middle of the picture of the frame it says "Thank you Rachael for all of your help!!!". That made me feel so loved and I knew that I just had to come back some time and work with these wonderful people again. I will definitely miss them but I know I will see them again soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment