Sunday, August 1, 2010

Almost Done...

So I only have a little bit of time left at Girls Inc. My time there has gone by so fast it is crazy. Each day has been so chaotic and so fun that I am going to be sad to say goodbye to my girls. Last week was kind of crazy because it was the end of us doing our planned programs with the girls. We finished up all of our recycling projects and counted all of the pennies that the girls had been collecting for their project called Pennies for the Planet. Tomorrow I will find out the total amount of money that the girls raised. All of the pennies they collect will go towards protecting and preserving wildlife. The girls also finished putting the final touches on the garden that they started with one of the staff members. They are all really excited to have something from the summer that they can continue to work on and add to as the school starts, since many of the girls also attend Girls Inc. after school program. This upcoming final week will be a lot of free time for the girls to play and some themed days planned by the staff members. Tomorrow is a spa day. The girls will be making at home face masks, hand rubs, shampoos, and lip glosses. I'm sure it is going to be a total mess so it sure to be a ton of fun. I will blog again soon to let you guys know how my final day goes!

No comments:

Post a Comment