Monday, May 10, 2010

Maria's SoS - Week 1

So, technically this blog is about last week. But we won't tell anyone that.

I began my Summer of Service on a beautiful (and stifling hot) Tuesday morning. Amanda had given me several "assignments" the day before, as she would be out of the office. The day consisted mainly of alphabetizing papers and filing them away. I have been assured that the rest of the summer won't consist of much paperwork, a fact for which I am extremely grateful. I mean, I'll do office work if that's what's needed, but I hope to get out of the office for most of the time and work face-to-face with our community partners.

Until the end of this week (yes, this current week), I'll be working on the Bonner Video Project for SLI. I interviewed several people and gathered hundreds of pictures last week. One video will focus on the Bonner program at Stetson, giving a brief history, a description of the interview process, the FSEM, our T&E, and our main community partners, aimed at prospective Bonner students. Hopefully, this video will go on the wiki after it's finished to use as an "advertisement". The second video falls under the category "Bonner Green," and will highlight Hatter Harvest. This will certainly be a test of my video-making skills, but luckily the technology king Alex Sanchez is lending me a hand with the editing. I'm really excited to see the final result.

What else, what else? I think that's it.

Until next week (well, later this week, technically... :D),
Maria

No comments:

Post a Comment