Thursday, June 12, 2014

Honor Baslim - Week 1

Hey everyone!

I hope everyone's Summer of Service are off to a great start - for those of you that I haven't already told I am doing my SoS with the Helen Woodward Animal Center in San Diego. I started last Wednesday and I got to be honest it is hard work, I'm doing the same sort of thing that I did with my former service site Hope Reins with the therapeutic riding for disabled adults and children.

At this site though I have a lot more hands on experience then I did at my former site. This last week I spent a lot of time getting to know the therapy horses and fellow volunteers, as well as the different clients. My time is split between caring for the horses (tacking up for lessons, grooming, mucking stalls, feeding, etc.) and working with clients (side walking, leading, teaching tack, etc.).

I am looking forward to learning more and becoming more of a leader for this organization.

I'll write again soon!


Bonner Love,
Honor


PS - I'm acquiring a wicked farmers/sunglasses tan

No comments:

Post a Comment