Monday, June 13, 2011

Week 2

So, I'm slowly but surely progressing on the list of projects. One thing I've been trying to work the details out for is a Parent Dinner for Orientation so that parents can feel free to ask questions while the incoming students are doing something a little more fun than Q&A. I'll also be working on getting together grocery lists and menus for the week so that we can either cook for them or plan nights out. I've also been working on the Service in Sports lecture idea. So far, I'm thinking we can have the DeLand Little League, someone from the Y, and make it a panel discussion about the different places and opportunities in DeLand for sports-minded people to volunteer. Also, I want to include someone from a professional organization to hopefully broaden the minds and see that service can be intertwined with work while not exactly leaving you strapped for cash all the time. Mary Kathryn and I also discussed having the other 2 lecture series' be government and environment this semester. Hopefully they'll turn out well!

No comments:

Post a Comment