Wednesday, June 15, 2011

Inter-Tribal Indians of NJ take 2

I've spend the last few weeks reading dozens of books before I head off to Canada in July. My original plan was to spend the entire summer there but of course that did not work out. But I will still be doing tons of research for Inter-Tribal. I've come up with a lot of great ideas for presentations through my research and I've started creating power point presentations. I've also come up with great ideas for articles to write. A professor of mine has always encouraged me to write an article in the school newspaper about the political correctness of Native American VS American Indian. Because of this research that I am doing, I will be writing that article. I also hope to send to an American Indian magazine or newspaper. I am doing a lot of research and at times it is very tedious, especially, since for the benefit of the organization I have to take detail notes that other people are going to find useful. Also, I am finding that this research is allowing me to find ways to improve my non-profit and it is giving me the opportunity to reach out to other organizations like Inter-Tribal in different states and different communities.

One thing that I am having a lot of trouble is how to find ways to connect with other American Indians in New Jersey. We want to promote our organization but are Indians in NJ really going to stumble across a FB page or a twitter post? I have my doubts but I am working on some ideas.

No comments:

Post a Comment