Friday, January 29, 2010

Service Quote

"How wonderful it is that nobody need wait a single moment before starting to improve the world" -Anne Frank

As we all know, the life of a college student is hectic. We have classes, organizations and clubs, social lives, and service to balance all at once. Because we often have so many things happening in one day, the only way to see that everything gets done is to devote a specific amount of time to each area. This is why my planner is currently one of my most valuable possessions. It reminds me of when things need to be done and how long I can devote to doing them. Often times, this strict schedule is helpful but at the same time there are days when I wish the entire dated box was empty and my life wasn't so controlled by time. Although I am sure a day like that probably won't happen, the one great thing is that there is always time to improve the world we are living in. We don't have to set a time to do it, we don't have to schedule it for a certain amount of time each day, we don't have to wait for anything to get started on making a difference.

1 comment: