Saturday, January 30, 2010

Service Quotes

The best way to find yourself is to lose yourself in the service of others.

~Ghandi



Everyone is always trying to find a way to see who they are and what they will do in life. In community service we all work very hard for the community. What some people do not realize is that this type of service really helps you understand who you are. I believe that in some way doing this service will more than likely help you determine what you want to do in life. It can help you find the job you want and what you want to teach others about so that they may want to help those in need. When you work for the community and you see things you normally don't then you learn something new and when you learn new things your mind tells you what you should do about it. I have never worked with service dogs before but when I started going to New Horizons and seeing the difference in the puppies and the trained guide dogs I realized that I wanted to do more than just bathe the dogs and socialize with the puppies. I knew that I wanted to Puppy raise a guide dog puppy. I know that giving up a dog is hard and I have always had problems with that but going to New Horizons I knew that I wanted to do something special for the people that are in need of guide dogs. By helping them I can raise a puppy for a year and give it back to New Horizons and be thankful that it gets to go to somebody who needs the dog more than I do.

No comments:

Post a Comment