Sunday, May 24, 2009

First week

My first week at the Boys and Girls Club has been amazing. The kids are warming up to me quite quickly. They keep thinking that I am the new coach or art teacher because those are the two areas that I have been seen in the most. At my site, I will serve as a Junior Camp Counselor throughout the summer. Using my sports experience, the majority of my time will be spent in the gym with the kids. Coach Sly, who is another supervisor of mine, is completely awesome. He always gives me opportunities to work with the kids one on one. As he says, he is letting my "creative juices flow". I have already created games that the kids love and we are going to incorporate them into the summer camp. Right now, I am back at school for the next two weeks helping out with SLI. Maggie and I are working hard on the wiki that we have created and I think that it is going really well. I am excited and nervous for SLI, but I know that it will all be worth it once the schools get here. So I guess that is all for now. I hope that everyone is having a great time with their Summer of Service. Zach- you are right in your element : ). B- Love, Tina.

No comments:

Post a Comment